Piotr Fedurek

Research interests: Animal behaviour; social networks; physiological stress; sociality; primates; human evolution

Biography:  I am a PhD student in the Department of Life Sciences at the University of Roehampton. The scope of my research interests spans the following areas of biology: animal sociality, primate social evolution and evolutionary psychology. I am also interested in Social Network Analysis (SNA) and its application in animal and human studies. My PhD project involves investigating the effect of social integration on physiological stress levels in a small-scale society. I conduct my research on the Hadza, hunter-gatherers living in Northern Tanzania.

Grants awarded: In 2016 I was awarded the Leakey research grant in support of my PhD project ‘The effect of social integration on physiological stress levels in a small-scale society’.

Publications

Danel, D. P., Siennicka, A., Glińska, K., Fedurek, P., Nowak-Szczepańska, N., Jankowska, E. A., … & Lewandowski, Z. (2017). Female perception of a partner’s mate value discrepancy and controlling behaviour in romantic relationships. acta ethologica20(1), 1-8.

Fedurek, P., & Lehmann, J. (2017). The effect of excluding juveniles on apparent adult olive baboons (Papio anubis) social networks. PloS one12(3), e0173146.

SaveSaveSaveSave

SaveSave

SaveSave