May 4

Connecting Worlds Module

This module develops our ability to engage in innovative group work and undertake a project which will be presented in primary school children which is linked to the school’s theme of ‘Plants and Flowers’. It also integrates DT and ICT through the task of designing and creating a product.

In our initial school visit, we introduced the project to the children by getting the children to describe the body parts of the creatures and mini beasts that are found in plants or live around plants and flowers encouraging multisensory approach suitable for Early years stage.

Then, we read a book called ‘I love bugs’ to stimulate children’s interests and give them an idea of what creatures and mini beasts they will be drawing.

The class then brainstormed the creatures they saw in the book. I then modeled how to draw a butterfly onto the interactive whiteboard highlighting the features of the animal. I then introduced the laser cutter to the children via video on YouTube.

Afterwards, the children drew their chosen creatures which will be put onto the 2D design to be scanned and convert their pictures into JPEG. We will then use the laser cutter to make their 2D Design and use the laser cutter to make their design 3D onto the stiff card.

Posted May 4, 2017 by buenafer in category Uncategorized

1 thoughts on “Connecting Worlds Module