11th May 2017

Today I worked in the Design & Technology workshop in order to prepare our resources for our day in school next week. I began by making a list of resources that our group needed and sourcing where I can get them from.

Each car needed:

Cardboard base and 2 pieces of dowel, long piece of dowel, straw, 2 bottle top wheels with holes, can with a hole in base, 9v battery, battery connector, black wire, 2 paperclips, motor, motor stopper, elastic band, resources to decorate.

The school children were providing the resources to decorate with and paperclips, Rosie and Emma sorted out the bottle top wheels and cans with the holes in, the motors, motor stoppers, wire, elastic bands and batteries were all sourced by us, so I just had to prepare the card bases with dowel sticks and another piece of dowel for each group of children.

I spent the morning cutting up pieces of cardboard into rectangles and sticks of dowel into shorted lengths to attach to the card with a glue gun. This took me a few hours to complete and after this I collected the electrical resources to make sure our group had enough batteries, wires and motors for all of the children. After this I took the resources home ready to bring them back for the day in school the next week.