Prior to the session I completed the required online form which had a set of questions related to Thinking skills in learning. This involved answering questions related to a video explaining how the teachers in the classroom develop and enhance the children’s thinking skills and learning. I also read an article called ‘Developing high-level cognitive skills in distance education’ by Walter Iriondo Otero, James Petch and Araci Hack Catapan. This article led me to consider how I will eventually  integrate the information I read into my own E-learning project. From watching this video and reading the article I have found that an important thinking skill is to reflect. Reflection helps one to connect their experiences together, using their personal experience as a guide. Another Important thinking skill which is discussed is Problem solving. This is usually due to there being a lack of resources or lack of knowledge on the particular area. As my main topic area for my project will be around Road safety I feel confident that the children will have some prior knowledge which will engage the reflection process and therefore eliminate the concern of problem. solving.

Above: the Thinking skills form

Otero, W. Petch, J. Catapan, A. (2009). DEVELOPING HIGH-LEVEL COGNITIVE SKILLS IN DISTANCE EDUCATION. Available: http://www.abed.org.br/congresso2009/CD/trabalhos/ing/652009120607.pdf. Last accessed 9th May 2017

Week 13 – Thinking skills through learning