Over the past week I have been considering a topic area for my E-learning activity but I was still unsure. When I went to into the session I spoke to my lecturer explaining that I was having difficulties with choosing my topic. I had a look at my peers topic ideas for some inspiration and then I thought about what I had learned at school that had been relevant and important to learn. After some thought I decided I would choose Road Safety as my topic.

In the lesson we also looked at how we learn and retain the knowledge we gain. We had a small class experiment where we listened to a list of words being spoken out and then we had to write down as many as we could remember, we then repeated this process with another list of words spoken out but this time the list was longer. For me this particular task was challenging as I could only manage to remember three words off each list. However, I found this is due to limited capacity, meaning that we can’t remember everything. Also, some words that we hear are easier to pick up  meaning that we can recall them easier.

Week 3 – Deciding upon my topic area