TS 6 – Make accurate and productive use of assessment

TS 6: Make accurate and productive use of assessment
– Make use of formative and summative assessment to secure pupils’ progress

Following research into accessibility and understanding of lessons on creation accounts, I set out to implement a scheme of work for the topic of ‘Cosmology’. In my block placement school, students have 1 lesson weekly in Religious Education. I taught this topic over a half term (16th April – 25th May) which comprised 5 teaching lessons and an assessment lesson. This enabled me to reflect on their understanding through means of a GCSE style assessment, which they have completed for topics covered in both the Autumn and Spring term. It was important to take them through a learning cycle in the form of an entire topic, both for evaluation purposes and for to inform planning for the Summer Term 2, during which time students will begin the content for the GCSE.

Having produced an assessment which was delivered during Lesson 6, I was able to mark these papers and this was a great way to complete this section of learning, and provide me with summative assessment results which would highlight areas that needed to be revisited. For the most part, students were able to understand and define key terms, measured through question 1, a match up activity on the assessment.

[embeddoc url=”https://eportfolios.roehampton.ac.uk/papanase1/files/2018/06/Assessment-Cosmology-2avgi0g.docx” download=”all” viewer=”google” ]