TS 8 – Fulfil wider professional responsibilities

TS 8: Fulfil wider professional responsibilities
– communicate effectively with parents with regard to pupils’ achievements and well-being.
– make a positive contribution to the wider life and ethos of the school

This will be the second Geography field trip I have supported since my time in my block placement school. I teach Geography as well as Religious Studies and have had some lovely classes with my Year 10 Geography students since the start of the academic year. I have also come to know them really well and when Mr Younes requested my presence on the field trip looking at Urban surroundings, I said YES! Absolutely!

The trip was a great success due to organisation, clear instructions, and a lovely group of students. I know how important it is to communicate home and let parents know of their child’s positive behaviour, not just the negative. I took the time upon my return from the field trip to individually draft and send emails to each students parent. I told students I would do this for them as I had a lovely group who were respectful, thoughtful and worked really hard. The parent/carer responses came through immediately; some were so heartwarming as I know that not all students in my block placement school live with their parents as some are in foster care or live with other relatives. Using SIMS I was able to obtain contact information and the 1 hour it took me to do this was made all the more worthwhile to read some responses, and to know that the students felt rewarded for their hard work. A great day all round!

Parent repsonses-s9diye